We all scan the net looking for DIY Cleaning Tips that actually work and doesn’t require dozens of steps and components to assemble to get the job done. Sometimes you want a faster, more organic way to get something cleaned and maintained and that is why this clever list is exactly gonna make your day. Here we share 10 proven do it yourself cleaning tips that really work.
1. Use a binder clip as a sponge stand.
This allows the sponge to be air-dryed instead of getting all mildewy.
binder and sponge nyc cleaning services
2. Don’t forget to clean your window tracks.
Dip a q-tip in white vinegar and run it along the track. For more window cleaning tips, check out this article on natural cleaning remedies.
clean window tracks
3. Clean blinds with an old sock.
Slip an old odd sock on your hand and wipe all the grimy dirt away. When your sock gets really dirty, rinse it in some clean water and repeat the cleaning process.
4. Easy way to make the steel plate on your iron smooth and shiny again.
All you need is salt.
clean bottom of the iron.
5. Use a Solution of 1/2 Coconut Oil and 1/2 Baking Soda to Remove Sticky Residues
It’s the non-chemical equivalent of Goo Gone.
6. Dust first, then vacuum.
That way you can vacuum up all the fallen dust. On a sidenote, did you know that dust is made up of 80% human skin?
7.Use foil in your George Foreman grill or panini maker to prevent mess
Electrical appliances are a pain to clean, and you can’t just dunk the whole thing in soapy water. Prevent disgusting drips and messes by either covering the insides of the grill with foil, or wrapping the item you want to grill in foil.
8. Microwave all non-metal based sponges to thoroughly clean and disinfect germs.
To kill the germs and viruses that have gathered on your nasty sponges, microwave on high for 2 minutes and let cool. This only works for non-metal sponges!
9. Get rid of household odors with vanilla extract in the oven.
Put two caps full of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells like Heaven.
10. When your toaster gets all sticky and gunky…
Use a few drops of water, cream of tartar, and a sponge to get your stainless steel appliances looking brand new again.